The hand spinner is a good and fashionable toy in 2017, but apart from colorful toys, the hand spinner is not a risk-free toy. Everyone who lives on this planet must hear of the toy-a hand spinner or fidget spinner, which has been a rage in playgrounds for several months. The toy leads to a more massive and rapid enthusiasm than ever before. The toy often is priced at less than 10 dollars, so everyone can buy it.
According to the advertisements, the hand spinners would be good for fighting stress, anxiety and would help people to concentrate on a task for a long time instead of a distraction. Arguments that fly in the eyes of many parents. Especially since the story of this object, invented by an American in the 90s for her autistic son, tends to validate this image of “healing toy”.
Yet no scientific study confirms these fantastic allegations. On the other hand, more and more schools – in France in particular – have banned these famous tops in their establishment. Because contrary to the curative virtues that are attributed to him, it is their ability to deconcentrate children during classes that are pointed at!
Risks for toddlers
For a toddler, the toy is a big risk. Some little kid virtually can not realize that what the hand spinner toy is, and perhaps they regard the toy as a candy and they will eat it. An American girl was sent to the hospital for eating a hand spinner, and she almost choking to death. In addition, the fidget spinner bearing is also a potential risk, and you will spin at a high speed, which will injure someone. So out of safety, it is necessary that schools can take action to ban this toy and guide students from using and playing with it via an appropriate way.
All in all, you should check whether the product complied with some relevant laws and standards or not.
Do not give hand-spinner to children under 3 years of age: they could put it in the mouth and swallow the pieces that come loose.
Observe the operating instructions specific to the model (age, etc.).
Do not turn the toy on its nose as it may cause injury to the eyes.