The Hand Spinner is very fashionable since it is marketed in this spring. The top has actually invaded all elementary school courses and even some open spaces. Better, there are now hundreds of different models and some of them are even able to act as nomadic audio speakers.
These models are very popular among amateurs, but they also have some potential risks and cause some injuries.
Indeed, according to the American medias, two tops would have exploded a little earlier in the week while they were in charge.
Hand Spinners: two cases of explosion
Kimberly Allums, a woman living in the town of Gardendale, Alabama, was on the ground floor of her pavilion when she suddenly heard her son shouting upstairs. His top had caught fire.
Fortunately, the boy was quick to react and he had the reflex to unplug the product and then throw it into the sink of the bathroom. According to the mother and her son, the top was in flames.
The family obviously tried to contact the manufacturer to warn him of the dangerousness of his products, but their attempts did not give anything. The company is indeed based in China and has remained totally deaf to their demands.
A similar accident occurred in Michigan, specifically in the city of Genton. Michelle Carr plugged in her Hand Spinner to recharge it using the cable of her baby phone and the device immediately began to emit smoke.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission takes these incidents seriously
Very quickly, flames appeared and the woman was forced and throw the appliance into the sink to contain the fire and prevent the fire from spreading across the room.
This is obviously not the first time that electronic products catch fire. If many people will probably miss thinking about the latest high-end philette by reading these few lines, it may be worth recalling that several fires were also caused by Hoverboard. The problem does not come from the products themselves, but rather from their battery.
To reduce their manufacturing costs and increase their margins, many manufacturers equip their products with poor quality batteries, the batteries of which sometimes leave something to be desired.
In any case, the Consumer Product Safety Commission takes these cases very seriously and has, therefore, announced the initiation of an investigation into the two cases mentioned above. While awaiting the conclusions of its experts, it will probably be preferable not to leave your Hand Spinners unattended.